Is this project dead?

May 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Haven't seen any activity for a couple months or longer. Hiccups are understandable but is this project still going to be moving forward or has it sputtered out?

May 4, 2011 at 4:24 PM
The Lucene.NET people are very active. I suggest to look at that project.
May 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Yes I know Lucene.NET is still an active project, that's part of the reason why I came back to Lucere to see what its status is. Lucene.NET questions will go on their mailing list; I was asking about Lucere and this doesn't answer my question.

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Stimpy77, 

This project is basically on hold. We started Lucere to provide an alternative fork of Lucene.Net during a time when the Lucene.Net project was not very active and also not open to the kinds of API changes we wanted to make. 

Since then, many of us that were working on Lucere have become committers on the Lucene.Net project, and the attitude and direction of that project has changed to align with the Lucere project goals. 

In short, we intend to merge the work done, and the development plans from Lucere into the Lucene.Net codebase on the next upcoming release. 

We are also hoping to do the same with some of the other forks which were started around the same time.

If Lucere/Lucene.Net is interesting to you, I would take maxxxx's advice and get on the Lucene.Net mailing lists. This is where the Lucere community's effort is focused at the moment. 

Thanks, 

Troy

May 5, 2011 at 6:28 AM

I was already generally following Lucene.net but thanks for the direct reply and backstory regarding Lucere and its status.